Web Hosting Administrator/Manager
Our web hosting business is expanding and we’re looking for someone to help it grow. This is a great opportunity for a technical person with some entrepreneurial spirit. You will streamline sysadmin tasks, develop new hosting services to offer customers and will be involved in the creation of new self-serve web hosting applications.
You must have in-depth experience managing Windows and Linux web networks. Strong Operational/Management and communication skills are a must. You will be working with numerous remote contacts. At times your role will be very visible: you will be trusted with representing the hosting side of our business. You may be called upon to expand the hosting department.
This position may start as part-time, but you will also be expected to be able to be available 24/7 in emergencies. Work will be both in-office and telecommute.
- 2+ years managing Windows and web-server Linux networks and server applications
- Sysadmin scripting skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Proven operational/management skills
- Experience in the web hosting business
- Experience with administration of: Helm (or other hosting control panel apps), SmarterMail, SendMail, Mailman, MS SQL Server, MySQL, ASP.NET, Cold Fusion, PHP
- Software/Web development experience: ASP.NET (C#), Node.JS, Cold Fusion, PHP
- Configuration Management experience
- Firewall, cluster, load balancer configuration experience
- Contract review/negotiation experience
Send cover letter and resume to jobs (at) ihwy.com (principles only).